Sunday, May 19, 2013

Start spreading the news

Hey everyone.

I'm not quite sure how this blog thing is going to turn out.  I mean, it was suggested a few months ago that I should start one, and I figured why not, join the bandwagon of bloggers and give it a try.  And it's not really just going to be about my everyday life.  This blog has a purpose.  It's to give you the chance to live vicariously through my adventures of the largest city in the USA: New York City.

For those of you who do not know, I was accepted into a Master of Arts in Teaching program through the American Museum of Natural History. And also for those of you who do not know, I am graduating (today!) from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a Bachelor of Science in Geology.  Now that's kind of confusing, right? Geology to teaching? Why? How?  Well, the gist of it is, New York (the state) passed some sort of rule or something that required all public school curricula to include earth science in middle and/or high school, and they are just low on earth science teachers.  So the American Museum of Natural History (which I will from this point forth refer to as AMNH) developed this program to provide the state with certified earth science teachers.  It is a tuition-free, stipend-giving program, and in turn I must teach in New York (again, the state) for 4 years after the program in a high-needs school district.  Simple, right? I hope so. We shall see.

So as I said. I'm graduating tomorrow. HOLY BUCKETS BATMAN!  Where have the last 3 years gone?!  While I'm saddened by the fact that my undergraduate career is ending, I'm super stoked for my next journey.  And many people want me to keep in touch. And so I will. And hopefully partially through this blog.

I'll leave my introduction as this.  And I'll definitely try to become a more captivating writer.  Because I don't want to bore my audience.  Perhaps pictures will help.
A graduating sloth.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read this and go on this adventure with you, Ariel! Hope you have an awesome time in NYC! -Tony

    ReplyDelete